Terms & Conditions -Short Term Rentals
1. Rental Day: 24hrs of car hire will constitute one day’s rental. A maximum grace period of 30 Minutes will be allowed before off-hire.
2. Drivers Age: Drivers age must be minimum 22 years and above. However, drivers below the age of 22 years can drive subject to conditions detailed in Insurance/Liability Clause detailed below.
3. Valid Driver’s License: The Driver should a have a valid UAE driving license more than one year.
4. Visit visa holders from the following countries are eligible to drive non-commercial vehicle categories only in the UAE with the local license issued from their country of origin. AUSTRALIA,AUSTRIA,BELGIUMM,CANADA,CHINA,DENMARK,FINLAND,FRANCE,GERMANY,GREECE,HOLLAND, HONGKONG,IRELAND,ITALY,JAPAN,NEWZEALAND,NORWAY,POLAND,PORTUGAL,ROMANIA,SINGAPORE, SOUTH AFRICA, SOUTH KOREA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TURKEY, UNITED KINGDOM, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, GCC (BAHRAIN, KUWAIT, OMAN, QATAR, SAUDI ARABIA).
5. Valid UAE Driving license is a must for drivers having Residence Visa in the UAE.
6. Documents Required : Valid driving license copy Passport copy with the valid visa page Credit Card Imprint / LPO for Company hires.
7. Free Mileage allowance:
Note: Excess mileage allowance will be charged at AED 0.15/km.
8. Payment: The rental amount should be paid in advance and AED 1,000/- will be PURCHASED on the credit card as a security towards salik, traffic fines, damages, extension of hire, etc. and will be refunded to your account after 30 working days.
9. Security of Hire: Credit Card is mandatory for personal hire. LPO is mandatory for corporate hire.
10. Salik : Salik will be charged at AED 5/- per crossing The user shall be liable for all charges and fines for the misuse or damage to the salik tag. The replacement cost of Dhs 100/- is chargeable to the customer for damaged tags.
11. Fuel: The vehicle will be delivered with full tank fuel. It is customer’s responsibility to return the vehicle full tank, failing to do so the difference in fuel will be charged to the customer. The same is applicable in case of replacement vehicle. AED 3.0 will be charged per liter for both Petrol & Diesel.
12. Fines: A service charge of AED 30/- or 10% (Whichever is higher) will be levied on each fines/penalty imposed by the RTA/police/municipal and/or any other competent authority accrued during the period of hire.
13. Additional Driver: Additional driver should be notified to UCR along with valid UAE driving license and Passport copy. A nominal fee of Dhs 100/- will be charged for the additional driver.
14. Oman Insurance: Vehicle taken on hire cannot cross UAE border without a No Objection Certificate from UCR. Oman Insurance can be arranged upon request at an additional charge.
15. Accident Damage: The customer is responsible for any damage to the vehicle during the hire period and will be liable to settle the charges directly with UCR if the Driver/user is at fault and/or if the 3rd Party is not traceable. However, the liability can be waived off by availing CDW cover at an additional price. Police report is mandatory for all damages/accidents.
16. Insurance/Liability : All vehicles will have comprehensive Insurance as per the UAE law with a maximum Accident First Liability ( excess deductible) of AED 1000/- in case where the driver is at fault or the third party is not traceable in a hit and run case. However, a Police Report is mandatory for all accidents. Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) can be purchased at an additional amount as indicated in the quotation and the liability will then be reduced to zero. CDW is not applicable for commercial vehicles, mini-buses and coaches. Any accidents caused by a driver less than the specified age limit will be subject to a surcharge of 10% of the total accident claim amount in addition to the accident first liability of AED 2500/- per claim. Furthermore if the driver’s UAE license is less than 12 months then a further surcharge of 10% will be charged in addition to the above, totaling 20% of the accident claim.
17. Vehicle Maintenance: The vehicle should be brought in for regular maintenance as per the service tag mentioned on the windscreen of the car. Failure to do so all cost accruing due to the misuse of the vehicle will be borne by the customer. Damages caused by the driver to the vehicle tyres and rim will be charged to the user as the same cannot be claimed from the insurance. Punctures if any are to be repaired by the customer. Damaged to the tyres due to punctures will be charged to the customer.
18. SMOKING is strictly prohibited in the vehicle. Failure to do so a cleaning charge will be applicable.
19. Replacement Vehicle: A replacement vehicle provided during maintenance/breakdown may or may not be a similar type of the hired vehicle.
20. 24 hrs Service: UCR has a 24/7 logistics operation to handle any emergency regarding Accident /Breakdown/Replacement. Customers can contact the following numbers : Tele : 04-2858284, Fax : 04-2858774